Diamond Star Dental is open Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm and Saturdays: By Appointment Only
Please note that our office will be closed in observance of the following holidays:
New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas
For your convenience, we offer the following methods to schedule your appointments:
- Online scheduling: To request appointment availability, please click here to fill out the form. Our scheduling coordinator will contact you to confirm your appointment.
- Call our office at 760-422-3888
The American Dental Association recommends twice-yearly exams and cleanings. Some people may need more frequent check-ups based on their dental needs. After your first exam, we’ll be able to determine the best frequency for your dental health.
- Completed new patient forms
- Valid government-issued photo ID
- Insurance card/information
- List of current medications and medical conditions
- X-rays taken in the last 6 months (if available)
Please call our office at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment. We’ll work with you to help you find another date that fits your schedule.
We understand that unforeseen situations may arise that are out of our control. Should you need to cancel your appointment, please call our office no later than 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. The notification gives us time to schedule patients who may be waiting for an appointment. If you miss an appointment, patients will be charged a No Show fee.
You may contact our office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You may leave a message should it be after the regular business hours.
If you are in pain or in need of immediate help, please call 760-422-3888. Every attempt will be made to try and see you within 24 hours.
If it is a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department for evaluation and treatment.
Diamond Star Dental provides general, pediatric, cosmetic and restorative dental services. Please click on our Services tab for more details.
We will conduct a thorough examination on your first visit to determine the best course of action to achieve dental health and your goals. We will:
- Take full mouth x-rays to identify any current problems and to use it as a baseline on future visits to detect early signs of problems.
- Assess gum condition and health.
- Examine teeth for cavities and condition of old dental restorations.
- Perform a head and neck exam, including salivary glands and lymph nodes, for swelling or other abnormalities.
- Screen for oral cancer and TMJ (jaw joint).
- Clean and polish your teeth.
Many health conditions are indicated in the mouth and can affect oral health, so your medical information is very important in diagnosing issues with your teeth, gums, and mouth.
Fillings can last for many years, but over time they wear down, discolor, crack and sometimes fall out. Early detection of problems with fillings can help you avoid getting cavities under the filling and causing more serious decay. Let us know if you’re experiencing any pain. We’ll check your fillings at every visit to determine if any need to be replaced.
Absolutely. Dental X-Rays are essential, preventative, diagnostic tools. Many oral conditions occur between teeth or under the gums or bones, undetectable by the human eye, and may have no early signs or symptoms. Left untreated, these conditions can create serious dental and general health problems, including loss of teeth and heart problems. Early detection with X-Rays can make treatment much less painful, faster, and less expensive. The American Dental Association recommends getting a full series every three years.
Diamond Star Dental offers several payment options:
- Cash, check or credit card at time of service
- Payment plans – We offer third party financing via CareCredit. In-office financing is not available at this time.
- Insurance – For your convenience, we will submit your insurance claims.
If you have insurance through one of our approved providers, only your estimated portion of the fees will be required at the time of service.
If you do not have insurance, we will require payment at the time of service or as specified in your payment plan.
Yes, we accept most major insurance plans. Please contact our office to verify your insurance is one of our accepted providers.
We do take Medi-Cal services. However, we do not accept Medicare at this time.
We are pleased to accept CareCredit, a medical credit card that can be used for dental health expenses. For more information, please ask our staff or visit the website at www.CareCredit.com.
Yes, we offer third party financing via CareCredit