A cosmetic dentist can whiten the teeth by removing stains from the tooth surface and restoring the natural color. We have advanced whitening treatment procedures that provide reliable and long-lasting results with the advent of the latest Dental technology. It is a one-time procedure. Since it is among the most common cosmetic procedures, whitening is among the most widely adopted.
Essential Facts on Teeth Whitening
- A properly formulated teeth whitening gel works by absorbing into your teeth and gently pushing stains out from within the pores, just as your skin has pores. Certain foods and beverages that have color will absorb into your mouth.
- Abuse of any kind, whether it's brushing your teeth aggressively or whitening your teeth professionally, can cause harm. However, when done correctly, professional whitening is extremely safe.
- There are many teeth whitening products available, but the difference is the quality of the product that is applied to your teeth.
- A degree of sensitivity is normal during the whitening process.
Why Do You Need Teeth Whitening?
Dentin, the inner surface of the teeth, stains, and yellows the enamel, reflecting the natural color of your teeth. Though some causes are preventable, specific causes are not.
Discoloration of our teeth is a result of the following factors:
- Frequent consumption of caffeine products like tea/coffee or soft drinks like coke.
- Nicotine and chewing tobacco use
- Growing up with a high fluoride intake
- Accidental injury to permanent teeth during puberty.
- Age can also contribute to stains on the teeth, as overtime, enamel gets thinner, revealing the dentin below. The dentin in contact with certain foods and drinks can result in discoloration of the teeth.
- Specific medical treatments can also cause staining of teeth
Teeth Whitening removes stains from the teeth and makes them look whiter. However, results may vary for different patients.
The Teeth Whitening Procedure
During the first visit, your dentist will photograph your teeth to measure the advancement of the treatment. The photos are also used to inspect your teeth and spot stains.
The dentist will begin the whitening process after examining the tooth by cleaning it. A film builds upon the enamel due to food or other substances. This film needs to be removed so the whitening process can begin. On average, the teeth whitening procedure takes 30 to 90 minutes, depending on the severity of the staining. The dentist will first cover the gums teeth; then, the whitening agent will be applied.
Diamond Star Dental offers advanced in-house teeth whitening treatment, thus helping you get your pearl-like teeth back. For more details, call us at 760-422-3888, book online, or visit us at 31280 Bob Hope Dr., #102, Cathedral City, CA 92276.